Thursday, May 13, 2010

What type of online user am I?

Most of my age group are joiners or spectators. With 51% of the entire 12-17 age group are joiners. And 49% are spectators. Joiners are ones that use social networking systems to stay connected to their friends. Spectators are ones that read blogs or posts, watch videos created by peers, and listen to pod casts. So, it would make sense that I belong to these two groups. Not only because I use facebook to stay connected to my friends and write about my status. And because I use YouTube to watch videos made by people I don't even know for entertainment. My friends are mainly all joiners and spectators. They all go on facebook. They also watch videos on YouTube. And at school they tell me about them and tell me to look them up. We also go on facebook and comment on how the other's status is. Or we send group requests to create another social circle. But, in the end my opinion on the subject is that mainly the graph is correct about my age group. When we get home from school we don't want to rate or gather information or create web pages. We want to watch videos that entertain us or talk more to our friends when they are online. And if they aren't online or there aren't any videos to watch. We log off and remain inactive till the next day or until we want to look up a video. Or comment on someones profile. So, in the end the graph is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment